Sunday, May 1, 2011

Please Pick the Palmers!!!


Seriously?!

Okay, If you don’t know Mandi and the awesomeness that is Vintage Revivals, go see her now.
Seriously, go ahead. I’ll wait…

Now, do you understand why this is EPIC?!
I mean how awesome would it be to have anyone come makeover a room in your house? And then for that anyone to be Mandi? Love it!!!

So, I was kind of procrastinating my entry because my room is far from being clean. BUT…here I am in the 11th hour and I haven’t finished cleaning so you get lovely as-is pictures. Let's take a look...
Sorry, piles of laundry, papers, and craft supplies will not keep me from entering this EPIC room makeover giveaway! The room I need desperately to be done would be our master bedroom or should I say the "store everything and sleep somewhere in the midst of it room." Yes, my husband's nightstand is a filing cabinet with a printer on top and, yes, my nightstand is my sewing machine cabinet. Lovely, right? Let's take a closer look at the wall to the left, shall we?
This is the wall-o-random. Anything that doesn't have a home elsewhere in the house usually ends up here. Oh and don't forget to look at what my kid's have done to my bed...
So, I know this bed is old, like this-is-the-same-bed-my-husband-slept-on-as-a-teenager-old, but it bit the dust when our kids started jumping on it. The leg broke through the riser, popped a wheel, and is now being propped by wood scraps. Yes, fine living in my home. Let's continue on to the right side of the room...
To the black hole that is my craft supplies. Really, there is no other room for this, so maybe a little organization and my husband might quit complaining about my "crap area." On to the last wall...
Our dresser...About the only good thing in our bedroom, hence, why it is the view seen from our bed. Now do you think that this room truly reflects...
This couple? No. Nor would you ever know from my bedroom that I have an awesome pink walk-in closet with a chandelier. Yes, it's true.

Now, I’ve had all these EPIC, AMAZING, JAW-DROPPING ideas and inspirations for this room, BUT I have had neither time, help, money, or motivation to complete them. Just think of the potential! I even have some unfinished projects/supplies we could use. Like...
The two free doors I got from Craigslist.

Or the two free pallets hidden under our camping gear.

The rocking chair that needs to be refinished (again free).

Or this vintage desk I bought for only $10! Look I even have pink spray paint to paint the handles, except for these beauties...
Porcelain rose drawer pulls, the whole reason I spent $10 on the desk. Oh, and don't forget "the wood pile"!

Which includes a headboard my husband and I made (but never finished) 2 years ago as our Valentine's date, random wood planks from various projects, and canvas stretcher frames I found on the side of the road. Totally awesome, right?!  In case you need any more persuading,  how about a picture of my nearly 2-year-old daughter saying "Pleeeeeeeze!"
How can you resist that curly-headed cuteness?

P.S. Mandi-We have awesome thrift stores, the best Craigslist, Lowes/Home Depot/Wal-Mart down the street and IKEA with in driving distance! You know you want to come... ;)

1 comment:

Tamarynn Leigh said...

I love the bed being propped up. Thanks for commenting on my sharing post last week! Good luck in the EPIC giveaway!!

XOXO
Tam