Thursday, July 8, 2010

Score!

I love it when I find great second-hand treasures! We were at Goodwill looking for a couple of tees and onesies to repurpose into dresses when I happened upon this beauty (sorry, for the sad picture it was taken at naptime in a sleeping child’s room)…DSCN2128

A wooden play kitchen for only $10!  Score!

I have been contemplating making one for Aubrey for Christmas. So, I quickly snatched it up.  I learned my lesson last time, when I talked myself out of the perfect craft desk for only $12…still sad about that one.  It needs a little TLC like a new back board, screws to hold on the bottom piece, a faucet handle, and maybe a new coat of paint. But, I love it! Now, I’m thinking it might be a birthday present since Aubrey’s 1st birthday is next week and she is already trying to play with it. Then, I can get some plastic dishes, and make felt food, and a little frilly apron, and appliquéd towels, and ….oh, the ideas!

No comments: