Monday, July 26, 2010

My Style Discovered!

So, I promise I have been crafty lately. I just need to take some pics first, then I post about the many projects I’ve just finished and the many more I’ve discovered. For now a side topic…

I feel like I have been narrowing down and pinpointing my own personal style over the last couple years. (Is it sad that it’s taken me this long in my life to discover that?) It’s hard to describe,  so I came up with a list of items that represent me:

  • ice cold lemonade
  • prairie skirts
  • big porches and rocking chairs
  • chocolate brown
  • distressed edges
  • leather sofas
  • silhouettes
  • white painted bead board
  • clean lines
  • tiny flowers'
  • cool spring days
  • cherry blossoms
  • fitted tee and favorite jeans

I guess you could say it’s a combination of contemporary, rustic, country, and feminine. Does that make sense? Now for some pictures! These are from the wonderful clothing and home line by Robert Redford called Sundance. I love this line! Totally my style..

These are a few lovely ones from Shabby Apple.

These are from Anthropologie.

These are from Modcloth.

Now, unfortunately, my inspirations cost more than I can afford. So they will remain inspiration and I’ll try to replicate them with what I buy and make. Some of these I am already planning on trying to make on my own, so watch for those in the future.

No comments: