Friday, June 11, 2010

Teacher Appreciation Gift

Okay, so I wrote up this post a couple of weeks a ago, saved it as a draft, and just needed to take some pictures. Late, I know, but I still wanted to share.

So, I've been searching for a cute teacher gift. There are a lot of cute ideas out there but being a former teacher I know that practical gifts (or gifts that will be used, rather than looked at) are always welcomed. Being on a very limited budget I was about to resign to decorating an inexpensive unfinished frame when I came across this idea for a cute box of teacher goodies. I knew I had most of these things on had already. Not to mention, I would have loved to have on of these myself. (In fact, I might still make one for our desk.) I used a smaller box than the original one, because that's what I had on hand. Most of my goodies came from my teaching stash, which means they probably came from Walmart or the local "dollar store." However, the magnets are homemade. The boys somehow collected a handful of bottlecaps, (don't ask me how). I convinced them that they would be great as magnets. So we washed and spraypainted the bottlecaps, cut out cute paper and pics for the inside (mod podge), filled with epoxy (note to self: by Diamond Glaze) and glued a magnet on the back. Pretty easy. 
My inspiration came from eighteen25.blogspot.com. I used a smaller box than what she used (what I had on hand). Check out her tutorial and picture below.
This one from The Idea Room is cute and could be used for anyone.

Another cute one made with pencils from Craft-o-maniac. Check out her tutorial.

And I loved it when I got a similar gift like this one. Check it and more ideas out here.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I used the same tutorial for teacher appreciation gifts this year as well. I'd love to see how your goodie box turned out. My boxes were mediocre, when paper is involved I have no talent!

Rachel

Unknown said...

Sorry, I just realized that I forgot to add my pictures of the one I made. I went back to try to find them and apparently I deleted them. So sad, it turned out so cute...

Unknown said...

THANKS HUN!!! winks- jen