Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Nicknames

As you may have noticed, I’ve been linking to a lot of other craft blog’s link parties.  So I’ve been thinking that I should come up with some nicknames for the family. I created this blog separate from the family blog to help protect our privacy (and identities) and using nicknames would also help that (rather than having to say my youngest son, my little girl, yada, yada, yada). A lot of bloggers do this for those reasons. One of my favorite bloggers refers to her sons as “Sawyer and Finn” (i.e. Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn). I totally thought those were her sons’ real names, until she slipped with her daughter’s real name and I put two and two together. Now that’s a good cover… So here are our new nicknames for reference purposes on this blog.

This is me…

 DSCN2318 You know me as “Crafty Kricket” or Marissa. Of course I won’t refer to myself that way. That would just  be weird. BTW, this picture was taken by my 4 yr. old, pretty good, eh? So why we’re on the topic, let me explain “Crafty Kricket.” It is kind of a homage to my good parents. My mom is a crafty person and thus taught us, at a very young age, to be crafty (as in the artsy kind) and resourceful. My dad jokingly wanted to name me “cricket” with a “K” when I was born. Of course, my mom wouldn’t allow it, but that’s just my dad’s humor. Which, according to my husband, I have inherited and taught my children.  :)

This guy…

DSCN2332

will be known as “My hubbie” or “the hubs” because, well, he’s my husband. I think that one would be kind of obvious. :)

This little guy…

DSCN2184

We will now refer to as “Monkey.” He is my crazy one. He likes to climb, make mischief, and just keep me busy in general. Yes, he even loves bananas. I mean L-O-V-E, LOVES bananas. No banana is safe in our home. And of course, he’s a goofball. This picture was totally posed, just like almost every picture I try to take.

This little girl…

DSCN2344 

We’ll call her “Bee.” I went back and forth on this one for a while but she seems to like “Bee” so we’ll go with that. She is a cute bubbly little girl. She is always busy doing something and doing it quickly. You have to be quick if you want to take her picture. But watch out, if you make her angry, she will attack you. Seriously…

And last but not least we have this guy…

800

The jury is still out on his nickname. He is the oldest and a great big brother to his siblings. He loves Legos and drawing, and he’s good at both. I’m talking REALLY good. Plus, he’s smart.  I was thinking we could call him “Art,” or maybe “Bud,” that’s his nickname at home. But neither of those really go well with “Monkey” and “Bee.” So, I think we’ll go with “Bean.” Bean? you ask…well, he’s growing like a bean pole. (Seriously, this kid never stops eating). Plus, he reminds me a little of Mr.. Bean. You know that goofy oddball kind of humor. (Plus, Bean, Monkey, and Bee sounds cool together.) I don’t know what do you think? Any ideas?

So that’s it. Our crazy, funny, crafty family. Man, I love ‘em. :)

No comments: