Tuesday, July 19, 2011

C&C and a men’s shirt refashion

When my hubby last cleaned out his side of the closet, he had a lot of old dress shirts that were too big for him. (Yay, weight loss!) So I grabbed a few and added them to my refashion pile. I kind of had an idea of what I wanted to do with them but nothing was really jumping out at me.

Then one day while perusing Pinterest, I stumbled across Liz and her blog, Cotton and Curls and totally fell in love with her blog. I started pinning her  refashioning tutorials, and they just kept coming until I had to create a board just for refashions. I spent hours reading old posts. I love it when you find a blog like that.  If you haven’t checked out her blog yet, go do it. Right now, I’ll wait….
C&C blog header
See?! Pretty awesome, right?

So, one of my favorite refashions was her men’s dress shirt refashion. It looked amazing but easy enough that I could pull it off with my minimal skills and lack-luster sewing machine.

So I started with one of hubby’s old shirts…
DSCN4756
(My lovely helpers jumped in the picture at the least minute.)
And ended with this…
DSCN4769
A nice loose summery blouse.  It looked great belted and paired with dark denim. However, by the end of the day (when I finally have someone home capable of taking a picture of me), it was a mess from wrangling kiddos all day. But trust me it’s pretty awesome. :)

The shoulders were a little wide on my shirt so I added this pleat detailing to bring them in a little.
 DSCN4770
I really love it and can’t wait to do more of Liz’s refashion ideas. In fact, I might just make a few more of these!

P.S. If you love Liz’s refashions check out this week’s theme…

Screen shot 2011-07-14 at 11.27.00 PM.png

So far it’s pretty cool, I just might try it myself. :)

No comments: