Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Would You Wear This (or Even Buy It)?

Thanks to everyone who sent me well wishes on my last What I Wore Wednesday post. Turns out what I thought was pink eye (and it possibly started as) turned out to be sinusitis and iritis, which meant nearly two weeks of misery, but I’m back. :)
This week I wanted to play with some of my accessories, many of which I made myself. I have contemplated making and selling these on Etsy. (I have a shop but nothing in it.) So let me know would YOU wear this? Or would you want to buy it if I were to sell them? Thanks!
DSCN2775Last Friday’s outfit, my favorite polka dot shirt and new flats. I made the necklace out of recycled plastic and my earrings are vintage buttons. RSCN2845 Close-up of the necklace. I recycled plastic into “shrinky dinks” put writing on them, shrinking them, and then sealing it with Mod Podge. (Tutorial found here.) It’s hard to tell here but there is a cluster of charms-each one a family member’s name, then a black silhouette of a temple with Together Forever written underneath, and a little purple heart. I love this necklace and wear it quite often. (I’ll show you a pic of the earrings farther in the post.)
DSCN2781There’s the necklace again. :) This outfit is from Saturday morning. The hubs and I went on a morning date. (Thanks to Laura for watching the kiddos.) We ended up going to a The Nature Fest. I had heard about it last year, so we decided to check it out. DSCN2792 Awesome. Next year we will take the kiddos for sure. This guy (err…gal) was part of one of the shows there. The picture does not do this African Vulture justice, she was HUGE and amazing!
DSCN2797
Later that day we had to go to the wedding of a friend.  So, I had these great plans of making a sash to wear over my old standby of a black dress. After lots of hours and way too much fabric. I ended up with this 80’s prom looking thing.  On the way to the wedding, I took the toll way. The toll booth attendant asked me if I was going to a wedding or something. I said I was. She said, “Your dress looks nice. She actually picked out a pretty good dress.”  I guess she thought I was a bridesmaid or something, totally not the response I intended. So future bride’s, consider having your bridesmaids wear matching sashes instead of matching dresses. Just a thought. (I will totally rework this one before selling some or even wear it again.)
DSCN2808
Sunday’s outfit. Thought I would try the tucked-in shirt/high-waisted pencil skirt combo, I’ve seen a lot of lately. What do you think? It’s kind of growing on me. I added  a ruffled denim sash/belt, a simple denim knot necklace, and some denim flower shoe clips for added color. DSCN2810 The sash needs to be tweaked,  the necklace might be repurposed but I love these flower clips.  Love them! I made the pair in about 5 minutes and just clipped them on to my shoes. I was constantly looking down at these beauties all through church.
DSCN2817  DSCN2819
Monday’s outfit. Loving the finally cooler weather, I could actually wear jeans! Please cool morning’s don’t go away just yet, stick around a few more weeks (or more). I am so done with Texas heat. Anyway…. I added a pink and white flower clip to my necklace. Cute but it kept flopping around, so I eventually ditched the necklace for the day.
Tuesday was a busy crazy day. Let’s just say there was furniture moving, some crying, plenty of whining, an appointment we were late for, lot’s of laundry, some one falling from the top of the dog house, and twice the usual amount of children running through the house. By the end of the day, I realized I hadn’t taken a picture of my typical fitted tee and jeans combo, but I had snot, tears, peanut butter, and pizza sauce all over me. So I’ll spare you the picture, but know it happens to all of us.
DSCN2833
For Wednesday’s outfit, I thought I’d play with my denim flower clips ( the same ones I clipped on my shoes).  I wrapped an old bangle in a spare piece of denim and clipped the flower to my wire necklace.RSCN2842  Close up.
RSCN2841
Then changed it up and clipped it to my shirt.
DSCN2838
Then my hair. I eventually clipped it to the elastic band on my ponytail. Perfect for a playdate-and-clean-up kind of day.
DSCN2838 (2)
And a close-up of my favorite button earrings, vintage Osh-Kosh-B-Gosh denim colored buttons. I have more and will definitely post these in my Etsy shop (eventually).DSCN2847
And to finish it off the outfit, my favorite, a perfectly polished polka dotted pedicure. Try saying that 5 times fast! :)
So what do you think? Would you buy or even wear any of those accessories? If you’re interested in buying once I get my Etsy shop going, leave me your email and I’ll let you know once I have items posted. Thanks everyone!

Linking to:

the pleated poppy blog

2 comments:

castroclan said...

I love it all Marissa! I'm sure people would want to buy your accesories. You know I would but you also know I'm going to try to figure out how to make them myself. Put them up in your shop and I'll tell some people about them!

twobutterflies said...

I love your polka dot pedicure!! I think I may try that tonight - my chipped, faded polish needs to come off and this gave me just the inspiration that I needed.